Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
If you live in or near St. Petersburg and are in the market for a quality auto insurance policy, the agents at Bozeman Insurance Inc. are here to help.
In Florida, you are required to carry minimum amounts of auto insurance. Beyond complying with these minimum requirements, having a robust auto insurance policy can provide a layer of protection against property damage and liability claims.
St. Petersburg residents have trusted Bozeman Insurance for years to help them get the auto insurance they need. We can help you too. Give our team of trusted advisors a call at 727-347-3158.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
What do auto policies cover?
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Florida requires all drivers to have mandatory minimum amounts of auto insurance. Your Bozeman Insurance agent can walk you through what those minimum requirements are and help you choose a policy
The perks included in the policy you choose are generally up to you, but auto policies can offer expansive benefits such as:
Bodily injury liability coverage pays for their medical bills (and, in some cases, deaths)
Property damage liability pays for damage to the other driver’s property, like their car.
Collision insurance covers damage to your own vehicle after a wreck.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
Medical coverage pays for your medical bills and those of your passengers.
Uninsured/underinsured insurance protects you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
Other coverage offers help for roadside assistance and rental car coverage. Contact your agent about including these protections in your coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
Contact us today
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Contact us at 727-347-3158 or request an online quote to determine the best auto insurance policy for you and your vehicle.